Why You Should Be Using Social Media for Your Business
The rise of social media over the last few years has completely revolutionised the way the marketing industry now works. Businesses that have an effective online strategy can benefit from increased brand awareness and a potential increase in sales. Here are seven ways a business can benefit from using social media:
1. Brand awareness When you have a presence on social media, you make it easier for your customers to connect with you. Furthermore, connecting with your customers on social means you’re more likely to increase customer retention and brand loyalty.
2. Thought-leadership Establishing your brand online as a source for topical news and conversation can have many advantages. Not only will your business be at the forefront of your customer’s mind, but it can also increase engagement with your online profiles which is important as the more the consumer engages with your content, the more they will see it.
3. Increase website traffic and search ranking: A key benefit to a business on social media is increasing traffic to your website. Not only does it allow you to direct people to your site, but the more shares that you receive on social media, the higher your search ranking will be.
4. Be more responsive The volume of social media users is continuing to grow, and these channels are quickly becoming part of our everyday lives. Most of your customers will expect you to be on social media. They expect a quick response rate and around the clock support.
5. Paid advertising opportunities In the age of influencer marketing and paid advertisements, social media affords you with lots of opportunities to gain visibility with your target audience. You can create marketing campaigns tailored to your budget as well as being able to measure the performance of your advertising in real time.
6. Gain valuable insights Social media generates a huge amount of data. Using in-app analytics, you can gather relevant customer data and use that information to make more informed business decisions, such as tailoring your online marketing strategy or campaigns more effectively.
7. Keep your eye on the competition Being present on social media means you will have instant access to your competitor’s online strategy. This information can be highly useful for your brand, by providing an insight into what your targeted audience may like and dislike, this can then be used to tailor your online strategy. Would you like to improve your online presence? Get in touch Tessa Blakemore on 01565 757 825