Is your website working for you? Are you getting the most out of your website? If you are thinking of creating a new website, refreshing your existing site or just wondering if anyone is actually using your site, read our five top tips on yielding the best results from your website.
1. What’s the point? What is the purpose of your site? Are you providing information to people? Do you want people to buy from you? Or are you a creative type who makes lovely stuff and wants to share it with people? Whatever the reason, it is important to have a clear understanding of what you want to achieve from your website.
2. Design for the masses A good website design is one that is tailored to your audience. The design should be sympathetic to the content. Although your site would look unique, there is little point having the coolest parallax site with funky animations and neat hover effects if it confuses, or worse, annoys your visitors. Think about the type of people who will visit your site and make sure your design is complimentary to the usability of the site, not just showcasing the latest HTML5 tricks to make it stand out. Your focus should be on providing audiences with an enjoyable online experience, making sure the site is easily navigable, with everything easily accessible.
3. Size is important Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise! With over 60% of websites now being viewed on mobile devices it’s never been more important to ensure your website can be viewed and navigated efficiently on the plethora of devices available to consumers, including mobile and tablet.
4. Shout it out OK, so you’ve considered all the above, and have now got yourself a fresh new website. What are you going to do with it? With the total number of websites now exceeding one billion – how are people going to know about yours? Again, think about your target audience – how do you usually talk to your customers? If you regularly send out email broadcasts, a website launch email could be effective, providing your audience with an easy way to get to the site by linking to it in the email. If you communicate mainly in printed materials then this is the place to announce your new site. Finally, if you are looking to attract new visitors and/or customers you may want to consider a dedicated Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) programme. A Pay Per Click campaign could be effective in the short-term, but a carefully managed on-going SEO programme could yield significant results.
5. Measure it Do you want to stay updated on the levels of traffic your website is receiving? Sign up for Google Analytics (it’s free!) and get monitoring! Google Analytics identifies poorly performing pages, conversion rates (e.g. sales, lead generation), where visitors come from, how long they stayed on your site for and how many return on a regular basis. Monitoring your website analytics will help you understand user acquisition across mobile and desktop and how much traffic is driven from promotions and social media. Are there specific pages you want visitors to go to and are they getting there? If not, why not? Could the website be tweaked to help the visitor along their way? Again, go back to your original purpose for the website – is that purpose being realised? Constant monitoring and adjusting will get you the results you desire.
Bella Design & Marketing can help you with all of the above, and more! So if you are starting to think about the effectiveness of your own website why not give us a call and see how get your site working for you. Convinced? Get in touch today to discuss your multi-lingual website with us click here.